Kamis, 04 April 2013

INCREDIBLY HAPPY!

I'm very happy that my emailed got replied by one of the most inspiring person in my life, Sandra Niessen, the one who made many incredible books about Batak's culture. And She put my blog in one of her post blog. Well, who am I to not freakishly happy about that, right?


But there's a little thing that I want to get it straight. Well, I wont say that Sandra got it wrong, but it's because I haven't meet her, face by face, so she barely knows me by my email.

Actually, I have visited North Sumatra like 4-6 times. To my grandparents from my Mom at Porsea, and my Dad at Pematang Siantar. But the last time was 9 years ago, when my Ompung Boru passed away. I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers, so we couldn't go back to our homeland together as a full team when one of our grandparents passed away, because it would costs much money on the plane tickets.

So I got my last chance 9 years ago. These are some of my beautiful moments at my Homeland :

I always remember that one of my Ompung Boru neighbors is a partonun. And one of my grandparent is partonun too! 

I always remember how people at there made dodol with a big frying pan outside the house. 

I always remember that I always pull out the paddy instead of grass at sowing time (one of my grandparents at Porsea have large farms, I always messed up).

I always remember that I always think that Telepon Soap is the cutest, awesome soap in the world.

I always chased pigs and young chickens at my grandparents husbandry. 

I always amazed when i saw Batu Gantung and forced my father to tell the story over and over again...

I love my homeland...

But this is the problem that some children in Indonesia, maybe around the world are have. They don't realize nor know their biggest dream until the reality is in front of their face. And mainly it's because their parents are already decided all for their life. The college that their kids shall have, the profession, even the lovers of their kids. Well, i don't wanna judge my parents. 

I got this feeling that i do wanna be a culture expert when I was in senior high school, second years. When my parents were already decided that I should go to medical school. Tough year, to be exact. Because, in myself, I don't have a courage to stand up for my own thought. I didn't believe my self, either! I didn't have many experiences to decide big things in my life. So, it was basically my fault.

But, Thank God, I got into Bandung Institute of Technology and got accept in Design and Art Faculty for Textile-Craft. At there, I got many chances to explored my biggest interest in culture : Batak Culture. Now, I'm here, still thanking God for given me a power to tell my parents what I really want for my life.

For you out there that struggling something like i experienced, pray to God first, after that go speak to your parents! :D

Ah, long story. Sorry for my bad English!!

"Thank you Sandra for your book once again. But the most important thing is, thank you for being a person who respect Batak culture even more than Batak people themselves  We should be more proud to be Batak. We should learn that from you. :) Lots of Love from Sinaga's Family here."

OC.S



1 komentar:

  1. kak oliiivv huaa maaf kak aku baru baca comment kakak di shoutbox aku, iya kak pasti masih inget dong :D huaaa design kakak keren-keren banget paraaahh maju terus kak Godbless! :D:D
    nb: udah aku follow ya blog kakak :D

    BalasHapus